Whether you are a new client or are already part of our Peak City Vet family, we want to make your time with us special. Therefore, we offer you exceptional care from your first visit to help keep your pet happy and healthy.
Peak City Vet is always happy to offer our veterinary services to new clients and their beloved pets. All new clients must complete a new client form. To help expedite your first visit, please download and complete this form ahead of time. Then, bring it with you to your visit to our facilities.
We ask that you plan to arrive 5-10 minutes before your initial visit to allow for a complete check-in. This time can also allow us to ask any follow-up questions if we need clarification on your pet’s current health status. For the safety of all our patients and clients, we ask that before you enter our waiting room, please leash
To make it easy for you to interact with your pet’s medical information, we use a system called EvetPractice. This is an online portal that gives you access to your pet’s medical records. You can also use this portal to request a future appointment or leave messages for our staff. For existing clients, who are already registered through EvetPractice, please access your account here.
It’s our policy to take every possible measure to ensure that our patients receive the best pharmaceutical products available. So, we offer to all our clients the convenience of being able to either take advantage of our full in-house pharmacy or our online pharmacy to service their pet’s pharmaceutical needs. To access our online pharmacy, please just click the “Shop Our Pharmacy” link. It will take you to our store where you can purchase your pet’s medicine or food.
Our Caution on Third-Party Vendors
We are fully aware that several internet businesses sell prescription products at prices that are lower than our prices. You may purchase from these internet businesses, but please know that:
- We will not authorize third-party online prescriptions.
- We caution you to be an informed consumer prior to making your purchase.
Instead of authorizing online prescriptions, you may request a written prescription from us. Once authorized, pick up the written prescription at our hospital at your convenience and then submit that prescription to your choice of pharmacy. For all your written prescription requests, please allow up to 48 hours for our veterinary team to review your pet’s medical record and complete this process accurately.
Because of the increasing number of internet pharmacies, we can’t determine if a specific internet pharmacy is a safe, ethical, and legal provider of medications. Some medications sold online:
- Are fake, counterfeit or “copycat” medications
- Are too strong or too weak
- Contain dangerous ingredients or aren’t made using safe standards
- Have expired
- Haven’t been FDA approved
- Aren’t labeled, stored, or shipped correctly
- Aren’t sold by websites that will protect your personal information
- Aren’t sold by US state-licensed pharmacies or any pharmacies at all
How to be an Informed Consumer
If you choose to order from an internet pharmacy, here are several precautions to follow so that you are an informed consumer:
- Don’t use a product unless it has the following warning printed on the box or label:
“Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.”
- Don’t use a product if the original seal isn’t present.
- Always check an internet pharmacy’s reputation by looking for the VIPPS seal of approval. VIPPS stands for Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites. It’s a service of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy that lists qualifying on-line pharmacies.
- Know that most Pharmaceutical manufacturers maintain a strict policy of sales exclusively through licensed veterinarians. This means they may not honor product guarantees when medications are purchased through internet pharmacies. This includes reimbursement programs for prevention medication.